Some interesting on-line articles about Bharatanatyam, in no particular order:
- The True Spirit of Art - Rukmini Devi's 1950 lecture about the inner essence that creates, unifies, and defines art, and its significance for Indian arts.
- T. Balasaraswati on Bharata Natyam - Translation of her Presidential Address at the Tamil Isai Sangam conference in 1975.
- Study Bharatanatyam - Factors to consider in choosing a dance teacher or school.
- Where are the master gurus? - History of nattuvanars, evolution of teaching methods, and their effects on the dance.
- Down the Corridors of Time - History of Indian dance and various dance forms.
- More to come...
Dance Teachers and Schools
If our locations or schedules aren't convenient, here are some Bharatanatyam teachers or schools we know and like. All of the teachers listed are graduates of Kalakshetra.
|Kalyani Shanmugarajah in Northridge, CA
Kalapeetham School of Dance
Classes in Northridge and Lancaster
|Swarna Balamurugan in Cypress, CA
Kala-Dwani (Teaching Bharatanatyam and Carnatic vocal)
Phone: 1-562-961-1189 (H); 1-614-329-8502 (M)
|Bindu Shankar in San Ramon, CA
Vrindavan Indian Dance Academy
|Rupal Patel in San Jose, CA
|Joyce Paul in Redmond, WA
|Savitha Vishwanathan in Suwanee, GA
Nritya Sankalpa Inc.
|Bevin Stark in Cape Cod, MA
*Sorry for making you type the e-mail addresses manually. E-mail links invite spam.